Friday, January 20, 2012

I Love Jesus, but I Drink a Little


A dear friend of mind has, on more than one occasion, told me that I should start a blog. I have brushed her off a few times, but the self-absorbed, attention seeking, over opinionated part of me cannot be quieted any longer. And so, I shall blog. Please know that if you are reading this & have your own blog, I am in no way suggesting that you are an attention hog. But I AM, and you already know this if you know me. (In fact, if you are reading this, I am SURE that you know me. Because as much as I would like to believe that I am almost famous & have a hoard of fans awaiting my every move, I know that this is FAR from true.)

So, here is my disclaimer regarding this blog... If you are looking for something deep, something inspirational, or something life changing, you might want to search a little further. I am not your girl. I also have several sweet friends who do a great job of writing about family, house projects, & recipe ideas. I LOVE their blogs. I read them every week. But this blog will not cover any of that stuff either. I adore my cute hubby & am nuts over my fabulous son, but I think I’m just going to keep this about me. :) I'm sure they will be included in some posts. They deserve some sort of shout out for putting up with my crazy shenanigans, & we all know that spouses & kids make great material. But as of now, that will not be the main theme on this site. If, however, you are interested in all things superficial, my thoughts on life, or just a good laugh, please feel free to stop on by. I know A LOT of useless information, & have an opinion on almost everything, so why not write about it?

That being said, I want to address a few things before I get started. All of those reading this have known me at different places in my life. I have been a preacher’s kid, a cheerleader, a sorority sister, a mean girl, & a drama queen. (These ladies still pop up on occasion.) My past has some “color” in it. Compared to my husband, Saint Joseph, my past has all SORTS of color going on... Compared to Britney Spears, not so much. I have done things that I regret, but I have also done things of which I am proud. I have a short temper, a sassy mouth, and judge people too harshly. But I also love deeply, give freely, & can be your biggest fan. I have been a really good friend, but I have also been a really crappy friend. Same goes for wife & mother. But I’m at a point in my life where I’m okay that I don't have it all together. I’m sooo not perfect, & I never will be. I eat more than I should, yell more than I should, & think I know more than I actually do. At times, I'm a walking/talking contradiction. I love Jesus, but I drink a little. (& curse a little too.) I’m a mess, but in Christ, there is love & grace, right? So I guess I'm okay with my messiness... And maybe this will make someone else feel a little more normal in their journey too.

This, my friends, starts a journey. . It is meant to be fun, so don't take what I write too seriously... And on that note, Kim & Kourtney Take New York is on, so I must leave you. Until next time, homies.


2 comments: